10.21.2009

White Buffalo 5K Stampede 10/3/2009


For those of you that don't know (and I'm sure that there are very few that don't), I decided I wanted to see what it would be like to be a "runner" and started training for a 5K in August.

I followed the 'Couch to 5K' training plan and I have to say that I would like to meet someone who is truly a couch potato and find out if they died during training...

I ran one in Colorado City the week before the one in Snyder and then one in Abilene 2 weeks later. Somehow the one in C-City, I manged a time of 31:47, Snyder was 33:09 and Abilene was 33:58. Either they weren't consistently timed/measured, or I got worse each time.

On a final note, if you'll look at the picture closely I'd like to point out that what you see is not a smile but a grimace on my face. The only thing I enjoyed was seeing Mat and Shelby at the finish line having Shelby cheer for me and I have to be honest, it brought a tear to my eye to know my family supports me even when it is clearly obvious that I AM NOT A RUNNER.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I think you are a runner! You did great!!